Home Cinema Center - Worst Dispute Resolution , Worst Customer Service, Makes Comcast look like a gold standard!!!
The same guy always answers the phone and will never identify himself. He uses an alias "Kelly". The BBB indicates this is a sole proprietor company run by Mr. Marc Burnetter, President and
Mrs. Anna Kozlowska, Vice President of Customer Service.
Whatever his name really is, he has been in business since 2004 and left a trail of pissed off customers all over the country. Rude, obnoxious and totally unresponsive. "Kelly" or maybe his real name is Marc. Not really sure because he won't identify himself when you call. 1-877-327-0056 firstname.lastname@example.org
I ordered an upholstered leather office chair $400 and a $1000 desk. Chair arrived badly damaged with two broken wooden arms and the desk came with wrong parts, and couldn't be assembled. (See attached photos) I immediately contacted Home Cinema Center to request a solution to the issues at the time the items were delivered and unpacked at about 1230 pm Central Time on 07/25/2016. The packaging for the items was in good condition with no holes, dents or visible damage. Upon opening the box with the chair I discovered both wooden arms on the chair were snapped clear through as you can see in my photos. One of the chair arms had a sloppy hole drilled through it that looked like a botched repair. When I opened the desk boxes I found the desk was shipped with two left drawer base units and it could not therefore be assembled to the desk top. The items arrived at 1200 noon on 07/25/2016. I called the company immediately upon discovery of the issue at about 1230 pm. The man on the phone, was very rude and short with me on the phone, demanding I send him email "proof" to verify my claims snidely insinuating I was lying. He then hung up on me twice without any explanation of what the return process was or any apology for the defective merchandise. I then immediately sent photos of the chair with two broken wooden arms and the desk with two left base units . I called again on 07/26/2016 and (Kelly)Marc or whatever his name is again refused to speak to me about how my issue was going to be resolved and refused to even confirm receipt of the photos he demanded I send by e-mail the day before. The kicker is this company has a 7 day return policy and refused to discuss what will be done to resolve this issue and was clearly attempting to stall my defect report past their 7 day limit in an obvious attempt to justify not taking care of the issue at hand. When asked if they received my photos he told me he could not accept complaints after business hours and asked me to call back the following day saying it would take 3 to 5 days for him to respond by email. I have repeatedly demanded they pick up the defective items, replace them and/ provide a full refund. There has been no response. There are multiple (29) other customers with similar complaints at the following consumer website:
Go to One star reviews and you will see a definitive pattern with the same shoddy customer service.
Also just type into any browser "HomeCinemaCenter.com complaints and you will be STUNNED by the sheer volume of negative and very similar reports. These people are an absolute nightmare to deal with.
Also when I attempted to post an honest and objective review of their activities on their own HomeCinemaCenter.Com site set up for that purpose for its customers to review their service and products it was not posted. Apparently they will only post 4 and 5 star positive reviews.
This is a home based business using a UPS post office box as their business address. Look up their address on your web browser 730 Main St. E. 379, North Myrtle Beach South Carolina.
All items I ordered were paid in full in advance so there is no reason I would lie about having received defective products. My objective photo evidence is posted below.
I notified them in advance I would posting their illicit activities with the BBB and just about any public customer review site I could find and they STILL took no action to correct my issues.
Then, when left with no other recourse, I notified them I would be DOING A VISA CARD CHARGE BACK in 15 days if they did not take corrective action and they then threatened me with civil legal actions and that they were going to call the police and have me charged for "THEFT" and "SLANDER". They also threatened me with an IC3 Internet Commerce complaint for reporting their business practices to the BBB, and several other consumer protection websites just like this one.
Look, honestly, mistakes can happen to any distributor but my whole issue is with the completely unprofessional and unresponsive attitude by their staff when I attempted to resolve this issue. If possible I will post the photos of the items sent to my house. STAY AWAY , this business does not want to assist you in any reasonable way if things go wrong. They will, stall, lie, threaten and ultimately leave you with the cost of having to have the useless garbage they delivered to your door hauled away as trash.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Style and Design|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Horrible customer service
You May Also Like
- "...Out of nowhere, I woke up with an incredible itchy, blotchy rash, pics attached. I went to immediate care and..."
- "Hello John, Thank you for contacting Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. in Arcadia, WI. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your Ashley furniture. All warranties are..."
- "I bought a ESF sofa through a furniture store. After reviewing the specs and documentation on ESF's catalog and site I purchased a sofa. I paid a bit more for..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply.Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not be..."
- "I have ordered several things over several years and absolutely love the gear that I get. I understand that the wait is long on some things but the quality is..."
- "This app is so close to a scam, but not, I'm surprised the pros haven't completely rioted yet. Yes, it looks all snazzy and cool with its neato UI/UX design..."
- "TO: GMAC 8-2-2016 RE; 2015 Canyon Pick up vin# Dear Sirs, Having previous good..."
- "This "person" has never been a client of the business they reviewed. For starters, they claim to be in California, and the business is in MN. Secondly, Mark..."
- "I was already disappointed with Eharmony's dating pool within a few days of signing up. It was even worse than I remembered from 5+ years ago. Basically, the site seems..."